Monday 14 April 2008

So long, West Hampstead!

After 7 years and 22 posts, I am now leaving West Hampstead. Sadly, a week after my New Year's resolution to start my West Hampstead blog, I made a sudden decision to look for a new house.

Did I look in West Hampstead? Well, no. My budget and my ideal home cannot both reside in NW6.

So am I sad to leave?

I will miss the shops, the restaurants, the superb transport links and my delightful downstairs neighbours. The rat run traffic and the parking situation, I'll gladly leave behind. But all in all I've had a great run here. I have loved my flat and the area that it is in. I have watched West Hampstead blossom from an area in the shadow of its NW3 neighbour to a residential destination in its own right.

A big thanks to everyone who has read my site. Special thanks to my fellow bloggers - I look forward to revisiting NW6 through your posts.

I'll keep the site up for a few months, but for now it's pastures new. Forest Hill, South East London, Zone 3 - wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Freddie said...

Hello Alisa.. how sad I was to read that you are leaving - as I have only just stumbled across your blog site and its great! I live in NW6 and love all the blogs you have on the various goings on in the area.. I shall try and take over some of your blogs for you!..but before you do leave the delights of NW6 - dont suppose you know what's happened to Gustoso's - cant believe they've gone bust already???? I've called the other shop to find out but no answer.. are they running before Tesco arrive? Nicola.

Ed Fordham said...

boo hiss
thanks for the blog
sorry to see you going
will the blog migrate with you?
ed

Caitlin said...

What traffic? What parking situation? If you live in West Hampstead you don't need a car. You've got the best Tube line in London, the Thameslink, the Overground (former North London/Silverlink line), and bus routes. It takes 20 minutes to go just about anywhere in London.

kerstin said...

Hi only just discovered your blog...shame you've left!
I live locally too...

Jonathan said...

Hi, wondered whether you'd be willing to add a new blog entry pointing people to West Hampstead's new best blog! http://westhampsteadlife.blogspot.com? It's based around my @WHampstead twitter account, but similarly tracks local news/restaurants etc. Would be very much appreciated as I'm trying to bump the blog up the search rankings a bit! Thanks very much

Jonathan