Monday 31 March 2008

Camden Parking robbery


As of April 1st, the cost of daily permits for tradesmen parking in Camden rises from 9 pounds a day, to a staggering 33!
Whilst you can still get 10 standard visitor permits per year at 5.25 each, these will never go very far if you need to get any work done. It may be worthwhile in future suspending bays which seems to be a 50 quid fee, then a tenner a space after the first day - but you do need to give 3 weeks advance notice (which wouldn't work with many of the tradesmen I've ever hired).
This seems to have been introduced rather on the quiet. I don't remember getting any notice and to date there doesn't appear to be much in the press about it. But as this could cost you in excess of 700 pounds a month (assuming a 5 day week), I imagine there will be many people who are upset/ caught out by it.
It is unclear to me why this has been introduced. If it is a money making scheme - my hat off to Camden - raise your prices by near 4 fold and tell your customers to lump it - not many businesses could show such blatant disregard for their customers.
According to Camden, the new permits are especially handy as they can be used anywhere in Camden. As the cost will get passed to me, and I only own one residence, I don't find this very helpful...

No comments: