Monday 31 March 2008

The Green Room

Time Out, Ham & High and the girl downstairs have all raved about the Green Room on Broadhurst Gardens. For all three to agree, I felt that I should try it out.

Look beyond the rather dull exterior (as proven by my photo) and we have a little gem. At long last, a restaurant that you feel that you can take people from outside the area to. I know that Walnut is meant to be all that - but I've only been once and never felt the desire to return. Part of Walnut's downfall for me is chatty decor and at the time, rather poor service. The Green Room suffers from neither.

On both occasions I have visited, there has been a warm welcome, both from the lady owner who is front of house and the rest of her staff. The decor is simple but elegant in a laid back way, really befitting of a neighbourhood joint. The food is good and the bill reasonable.

Thoroughly recommended.

No comments: