Thursday 21 February 2008

Blogging Estate Agents

Everyone has the right to blog. I'm all up for that. Generally, you just find some are a bit more interesting to read than others.

When I first started this blog, I did a bit of research and came up with this blog which was at the foot of the wikipedia page for West Hampstead. 2 days this estate agent seems to have lasted, in what looks like a blatant plug for a certain local agent.

So it wasn't the greatest surprise to find a new estate agent blog on the block. I was slightly more surprised to see one of my photos on the front page on a piece they wrote on Tesco - wee bit cheeky!

I don't think there is anything malicious in this - its just a blog I am not likely to keep reading. Presumably they see the blog as cheap marketing for them, although I am glad they have changed their bloggers name to 'Paramount Investments' from an individual's name which it was yesterday.

I do have one tip though - if they want to get people excited about the area and bring them in from outside, which I guess they do - they need slightly more upbeat topics - not reference to panic amongst small traders re the Tesco development or that the Camden New Journal reckons we are swimming in pizza!

No comments: